At a Glance: Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS)
A prevention-oriented positive approach to school behavior
How do you create a school environment where everyone is productive and happy and students and staff are engaged in learning? In these PBIS classes you will learn techniques and strategies to build a positive climate for students and staff and reduce challenging behavior. Using a team approach, you will identify and implement expectations for discipline that are consistent throughout the school building and/or district. This series of classes spans counseling, education and special education topic areas.
As a member of this program, you will:
- Be able to reinforce positive behaviors
- Learn best practices and techniques for behavioral interventions
- Utilize data-based decision making to determine which students need individual support
Upon completion, you will be able to enhance your current PBIS school plan or build a school-wide or district-wide team that will implement a PBIS program.
Who is this for?
The program is intended for teachers, administrators, counselors, coaches and anyone who is involved in a systemic approach to improving behavior in schools.
- Campus classes with some web support
- Start any time
Getting started in the PBIS classes at PSU is easy! There are no course prerequisites for program. We recommend you begin with the introductory course, School-Wide Positive Behavior Support, offered in summer and fall terms. You may take up to eight credits per term at PSU as a non-admitted student.
- Visit the Continuing Education website to register or to view available courses
- Register for the PBIS mailing list to get the latest information on upcoming events and courses
1-800-547-8887 ext. 58102
Request more information
No admission required
- Educational Leadership Doctorate Degree
- E-Learning Development Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Professional Development in Human Resource Management
- Multimedia Professional Program