Portland Metro Education Partnership (PMEP)
The Portland Metro Education Partnership is a group of interested school districts and teacher education institutions in the Portland area that have come together to explore ways to improve professional preparation and development for teachers. The partnership serves as a forum to build relationships between member institutions, to share best practices, and to investigate potential avenues for further partnering. Portland State’s Graduate School of Education is a co-founder and one of more than 20 institutions involved in the partnership.
- Beaverton School District
- Centennial School District
- Concordia University
- Corban College
- Corbett School District
- David Douglas School District
- George Fox University
- Gresham-Barlow School District
- Hillsboro School District
- Lewis and Clark College
- Linfield College
- Marylhurst University
- Multnomah University
- North Clackamas School District
- Northwest Christian University
- Pacific University
- Parkrose School District
- Portland Public Schools
- Portland State University
- Reynolds School District
- Riverdale School District
- University of Portland
- Warner Pacific College
- Willamette University
Mission and rationale:
Improve student learning through more effective collaboration between k-12 public schools and schools of education.
Teacher education and professional development are responsibilities that are best shared by institutions of higher education and k-12 schools. The expertise of teachers, administrators, and university faculty members can all contribute to teacher professional development at all stages in a teacher’s career, to enhanced action research, and to better learning environments for everyone involved.
- Create a partnership that will lead to more authentic, sustained, and productive collaboration between k-12 public schools and schools of education.
- Develop a more seamless vision of continuous teacher development over the career span, including pre-service preparation, induction, and professional development.
- Courageously address equity issues related to our work.