All Graduate School of Education program completers must follow the instructions below, appropriate to their licensure program, to be eligible for a recommendation for licensure.
Students admitted and enrolled in GSE licensure programs Fall 2010 or thereafter will be required to pay a fee for each request for recommendation of licensure from the GSE to Oregon (TSPC).
Check or money orders must be submitted to the GSE Licensure Office with the Request for Licensure Recommendation Form for the request to be processed. Please note that, if you are requesting recommendation to another state outside of Oregon, there is also a $25 fee (please see instructions below).
Links below open PDFs
Instructions for Teacher Licenses:
- Initial Teacher License instructions
- Adding an Endorsement (ESL, ReadOregon, SPED, Library Media, etc.)
- Adding a C&I Literacy Endorsement (Reading)
- Adding an Authorization
Instructions for Administrator Licenses:
Instructions for Counseling Licenses:
- All coursework/credits (Includes having planned program of study completed, all pre-requisites completed, all licensure grades posted on official transcripts, and all official transcripts on file)
- All practicum and student teaching (Includes having all forms/evaluations completed and on file)
- All work samples (Includes having all forms/evaluations completed and on file)
- All tests of basic skills and subject-matter passed (Includes having all scores on file)
If this is your first-ever Oregon license, you will need to have successfully passed the ORELA exam “Protecting Student and Civil Rights in the Educational Environment,” and a copy of your passing score report must be on file.