At a Glance: Issues and Innovations in Clinical Practice
Current and emerging topics for practitioners
PSU continuously offers a wide variety of workshops and seminars that feature pioneering topics in the human services field; everything from gender transition issues, spirituality oriented counseling, cultural perspectives in therapy, counseling with chronic pain, ethics in the 21st century, counseling men and boys and numerous other topics. Often an emerging topic in this series, such as Interpersonal Neurobiology, leads to a new field and is subsequently offered as a certificate program. These seminars are both research and skills-based presentations that build on and extend your ability to meet the needs of your clients and will help you grow your practice.
As a member of this program, you will:
- Find out about the latest information in the mental health field
- Learn new strategies from leading experts in a variety of topics
Upon completion, each seminar offers an official PSU CEU certificate (continuing education units or clock hours).
Who is this for?
The program is intended for professionals working in private practice, clinics, education, social work, and agencies. University students are welcome and are offered a discount for these noncredit workshops.
- Day-long on-campus seminars
- CEUs and clock hours are awarded at the end of each event
Getting started in the Issues and Innovations program at PSU is easy! There are no course prerequisites. Take up to eight credits per term at PSU as a non-admitted student.
- Licensed professionals or students working toward licensure
- Register for the Issues and Innovations listserv to get the latest information on upcoming events and courses
- Behavioral Healthcare Series
- Addictions Counseling Graduate Certificate
- Marital, Couple and Family Counseling Graduate Certificate
- Infant/Toddler Mental Health Graduate Certificate
- Interpersonal Neurobiology Certificate of Completion
- Therapy with Adoptive and Foster Families Certificate of Completion
- School Counseling Series