At a Glance: Interpersonal Neurobiology
Certificate of completion for working professionals
Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB) is a new field that studies the way the brain grows and is influenced by personal relationships. Coined by Dr. Dan Siegel, UCLA, the premise of IPNB is that patterns of behavior, psychological conditions, and trauma, once thought to be permanent, now have bright potential for healing and growth. Using concepts from IPNB courses, you will find and create practical applications to use in your work or your personal life. The implications of Interpersonal Neurobiology are far-reaching; this knowledge is being used in many different fields, from education to mental health to the workplace. The instructors in the program are committed to translating neuroscience research into usable ideas. This program often features nationally-known experts who are brought in to present.
As a member of this program, you will:
- Learn new strategies for working with your clients, your team, or your students
- Participate in studying a brand new field
- Earn a certificate, 19 credits, or 190 hours of CEUs
Upon completion, you will be able to use these 190 hours/19 credits for professional development or as electives in your degree program (check with your adviser).
Who is this for?
Typical enrollees are mental health professionals, social workers, educators, professional coaches, conflict resolution practitioners, criminal justice professionals, and those interested in teamwork and management applications.
- Campus, online, or video streaming
- 19 credits or 190 CE hours for the certificate
- Offered for graduate credit or CEUs
Getting started in the IPNB classes at PSU is easy! There are no course prerequisites and you do not need to be admitted before taking a class or workshop. You may take up to eight credits per term at PSU as a non-admitted student.
- Visit the Continuing Education website to register or to view available courses
- For online classes you will need a PSU online course account
- Register for the IPNB mailing list to get the latest information on upcoming events and courses
Campus, online, or video streaming
- Addictions Training
- Behavioral Healthcare Series
- Addictions Counseling Graduate Certificate
- Marital, Couple and Family Counseling Graduate Certificate
- Infant/Toddler Mental Health Graduate Certificate
- Issues and Innovations in Clinical Practice Series
- Therapy with Adoptive and Foster Families Certificate of Completion
- School Counseling Series
- Asperger's Syndrome and High Functioning Autism Certificate of Completion