At a Glance: International Teacher Education Program (ITEP)
Become an Oregon licensed K-12 educator
Good teachers are in great demand in Oregon school districts. If you have a bachelor's degree and a teaching license from another country you may become a licensed teacher in Oregon by completing a unique program approved by the state's Teacher Standards and Practices Commission. Our International Teacher Education Program (ITEP) is highly individualized. PSU advisors in the ITEP work with each individual to determine a customized program of study toward an Oregon teaching license.
In collaboration with the PSU International Admisssion Office our programis designed for K-12 international educators and offers opportunities to specialize in subject area, grade level, and specialty endorsements. Credits in the ITEP program can be applied toward our master’s degree in curriculum and instruction.
As a member of this program, you will:
- Learn best practices for teaching in a self-contained K-6 classroom or in your chosen subject area in middle or high school
- Enjoy benefits of learning with colleagues in a cohort group
- Have access to experienced faculty
Upon completion, you will be prepared for licensure in one or more of the four levels authorized by TSPC: early childhood (age 3 - grade 4), elementary (grades 3-8), middle level (grades 5-9), and high school (grades 7-12).
Who is this for?
This program is for international teachers seeking a career path to K-12 licensure in Oregon.
Getting started in the International Teacher Education Program requires graduate admission. You will need the equivalency of a bachelor's degree from an accredited university and a teaching license from your country.
Admission requirements for PSU and for the ITEP program are specific to each authorization level, elementary, middle, and high school.
International students must also have:
- A passing score for TOEFL exam (if program was not in English): www.ets.org/toefl
- International admissions evaluation of bachelor's degree equivalent
- Official transcripts in a sealed envelope from all institutions
- English translation of all transcripts
- Diploma in original language and English translation
Make an appointment with our advising staff today to create your individualized plan.
1-800-547-8887 ext 54702
1-800-547-8887 ext 55858
- Added Elementary Authorization
- AddSped Endorsement in Special Education
- Bilingual Teacher Pathway (BTP)
- ESL/Bilingual Endorsemen
- Graduate Teacher Education Program (GTEP)
- Inclusive Elementary Educator License and Master's Degree
- Secondary Dual Educator Program (SDEP)