At a Glance: Infant/Toddler Mental Health
A partially online graduate certificate
What's the best way to ensure strong social and emotional development in young children? In this certificate program you will learn to integrate education, training, research, and practice across all disciplines and develop service providers who are inclusive, culturally competent, and capable of serving infants, toddlers, and their families. Do you want to be a voice for babies?
As a member of this program, you will:
- Participate in an interdisciplinary model designed to provide optimal services to infants, toddlers, and their families
- Experience the support of a collegial environment through the cohort model
- Apply classroom ideas to actual field experience through an individualized practicum
- Have the flexibility to do coursework online and network with colleagues and faculty face-to-face one weekend per quarter
Upon completion, you will receive a Portland State University Graduate Certificate.
Who is this for?
The program is intended for students from many disciplines:
- Mental health
- Early intervention
- Social work
- Early childhood
- Nursing and health care
- Child psychiatry
- Six quarters
- Cohort model
- Online plus one on-campus weekend meeting per quarter
- 25 required credits
Formal admission to PSU is required for this program. Prerequisites for the Infant Toddler Mental Health Graduate Certificate include a master's degree in a related field or a bachelor's degree with experience working with young children and their families.
Feb 1 admissions deadline
Campus and online
- Graduate School of Education Master's Programs
- Curriculum and Instruction Master's Degree
- Early Intervention Special Education
- Marital, Couple and Family Counseling Graduate Certificate
- Interpersonal Neurobiology Certificate of Completion
- Therapy with Adoptive and Foster Families Certificate of Completion
- Early Childhood Education Certificate of Completion
- Asperger's Syndrome and High Functioning Autism Certificate of Completion
- Early Childhood Training Center