How to Become a Counselor
Are you interested in:
- Serving as a counselor who facilitates healthy growth and development of clients?
- Making a difference in the lives of clients?
- Helping individuals through life transitions?
- Gaining experience working with clients in our PSU Clinic as well as schools or agencies in the community?
- Becoming a licensed mental health professional who works in a school, agency, or private practice setting?
Are you committed to:
- Striving for personal growth and increasing your self-awareness?
- Facilitating growth and wellness in others?
- Building a therapeutic relationship with clients, which promotes healthy and positive goals?
- Using research-based models for diagnosis and treatment planning?
- Maintaining a high standard of ethical and professional dispositions and behavior?
- Social justice and equity?
- Integrating theory, research, and assessment into your work?