GSE Advisory Council
Vision: Preparing professionals to work effectively with all learners.
Advisory Council charge
The GSE Advisory Council serves in an advisory role to the dean of the Graduate School of Education and as an advocate for the school. The objectives of the GSE Advisory Council are to:
- Assist in increasing the visibility and image of the GSE in the community
- Provide strategic advice and support to the dean on a variety of issues
- Become door-openers for conversations in the external community
- Be advocates for and promote positive public relations for the school
- Assist in the development of funding priorities and strategies for the school
The experience, counsel, and participation of the GSE Advisory Council, individually, and as a group contribute to achieving the overall goals of the Graduate School of Education.
The GSE Advisory Council members are expected to perform the following duties:
- Be well informed of university and Graduate School of Education mission, goals and practices
- Whenever possible, attend and participate in the 2-3 meetings per year
- Serve as an active advocate for PSU and the Graduate School of Education in the community, including expanding its relationships with the region's business and education leaders
Representation, terms and meetings
The GSE Advisory Council will have board members representing business, government, K-12 schools, school boards, community colleges, higher education, community agencies, and program participants. Some membership will be ex-officio and automatic because of position, such as the state superintendent of education.
With guidance from the GSE Advisory Council cochairs, at-large members are selected by the dean and serve a three-year term. Members may be appointed to a subsequent three-year term. (Membership terms in the initial three years will be staggered so that a cyclical rotation is established.)
The GSE Advisory Council meetings are held two to three times a year during the fall, winter and/or spring terms. Meetings are held on campus or at a host member site.
- Teresa Ferrer, Oregon Education Association
- Steve Fleischman, CEO, Education Northwest
- Dan Jamison, VP, Education Policy, Chalkboard Project
- Bill Korach, Superintendent, Lake Oswego School District
- Don Mazziotti, PSU Foundation
- Jane Morrow, Chair, Friends of the GSE
- Matt Morton, Executive Director, Native American Youth and Family Center
- Tyece Okamura - Independent consultant, Adjunct faculty PSU GSE, Guidance & Counseling
- Dan Ryan, CEO, Portland Schools Foundation
- Jim Schlachter, Superintendent of Gresham-Barlow SD
- David Solomon, Executive Vice President, Lightspeed Technologies, Inc.
- Christine Chaille
- Randall De Pry
- Rick Johnson
- Candyce Reynolds
Randy Hitz 503-725-4697 email@example.com
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs:
Micki Caskey 503-725-4749 firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Dean for Outreach/Director of Continuing Education:
Cheryl Livneh 503-725-4705 email@example.com
Director of Development
Jaymee Jacoby 503-725-4789 firstname.lastname@example.org