Call for Nominations: Nominations for the 2015 Student Achievement Awards are due 5:00 p.m., Friday, May 1, 2015. The nomination form can be found here. Nominators should be prepared with the student's name, ID number, and a thorough nomination letter.
Awards: The Student Achievement Awards are given to students who have excelled during their time at PSU. Three distinct awards are available, and students can be nominated for one, two, or all three.
- Academic Achievement Awards are given to students who have excelled in their academic studies. The basis for this award is academic work done directly at PSU in the student's current level (e.g., Undergraduate, Masters, Doctoral).
- University Service Awards are given to students who have worked to enhance the student experience at PSU. The basis for this award is service done directly at PSU in the student's current level.
- Community Engagement Awards are given to students who have engaged in significant community service efforts off campus. For past winners, the service work being considered is typically done under the guidance of PSU faculty or staff.
Process: Once nominations have been received, each School or College (CUPA, COTA, CLAS, etc.) will select one recipient at each applicable academic level (Undergraduate, Master's, Doctoral) for each of the three categories listed above. Winners are automatically considered for the President's Awards (one available for each category above at each academic level: nine total). The recipients of the President's Awards are selected by the General Student Affairs committee, which is a committee through the Faculty Senate. Please note that students can only earn one award, regardless of how many awards they are nominated for. Finally, all students who are nominated will be sent a "congratulations letter" acknowledging their nomination for these prestigious awards.
Student Eligibility: To be eligible for consideration a student must:
- Be fully admitted in a degree program at the Undergraduate, Masters, or Doctoral level
- Have attended PSU for at least three academic quarters
- Be currently enrolled at PSU or have graduated Fall 2014 or later
- Have a PSU GPA of 3.0 or higher for the level being considered (Undergraduate, Masters, Doctoral)
- In all cases, accomplishments from other institutions or while a student was at a different academic level will not be considered.
- These awards are for all students, not just students who are graduating.
Additional Information: Reminders about nominations will be sent to faculty and staff via email the following weeks:
- Nominations are due no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, May 1, 2015.
- The Awards Ceremony is Thursday, June 11, 2015, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Smith Ballroom
- Student award winners, their guests, nominators, and other PSU VIPs will be invited.
Questions: Questions should be directed to Enrollment Management & Student Affairs at email@example.com or 503.725.5249.