At a Glance: E-Learning Development
For online educators
This program is designed for education professionals who wish to expand their skills in the area of e-learning development. Online education is growing, and so are the technologies and skills necessary to develop and implement a successful e-learning environment where learning is achieved.
You can complete the E-Learning Development Certificate in four terms. The capstone course is required for completion and is offered summer term.
As a member of this program, you will:
- Discover best practices and techniques for creating a dynamic online learning environment
- Learn to design, develop, deliver, evaluate, and maintain e-learning
- Acquire skills to develop and manage e-learning programs
- Explore instructional strategies and gain access to Web 2.0 resources
- Develop projects that can enhance your professional portfolio
Upon completion of the courses, you will receive a certificate of completion. If the courses are taken for graduate credit, they can be used toward one of our master's degree programs.
Who is this for?
The program is intended for education professionals at all levels preK-20, program administrators, technology coordinators and managers, nonprofit organizations, and anyone working in an online training environment.
- Fully online program
- 12-15 graduate-level credits or noncredit
- Begin taking courses today
Getting started in the E-Learning Development classes at PSU is easy! There are no course prerequisites for program. The certificate can be completed in four terms and consists of 4-5 courses with the capstone required at the end for completion. You may take up to eight credits per term at PSU as a non-admitted student.
- Visit the Continuing Education website to register or to view available courses
- For online classes you will need a PSU online course account
- Register for the E-Learning Development mailing list to get the latest information on upcoming events and courses
No admission required
- Postsecondary Adult and Continuing Education Specialization (PACE) Specialization
- Training & Development Certificates of Completion
- Curriculum and Instruction Master's Degree
- Library Media Endorsement