Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) Admission Details
Applications due February 2, 2014
Before applying to our program you must:
- Possess a master’s degree from an accredited institution or expect to receive one prior to the start of the term of admission
- Meet the University English language proficiency requirement if your first language is not English. Please note that this requirement applies to all students, including resident aliens and citizens.
The Ed.D. program requires two applications, one to the Graduate School of Education and one to PSU. Applicants must complete the following steps to be considered for admission to the program.
STEP 1: PSU Application
- Apply for graduate admissions to Portland State University by applying through the PSU Admissions Office website
- Submit by the February 2, 2014 deadline.
STEP 2: GSE Application
Please access our online application through the link above to create a free admissions account. Once you have an account and have logged in:
- Click the "Create a New Application" button
- Select the Ed.D. Program Application
- Fully complete all pages of the online application. You can save and return to your application before it is completed
- To submit your file for review, click the "Submit Application Now" button.
STEP 3: Submit Application materials
- Current resume (submit as an attachment within the GSE application)
- Transcripts showing all academic coursework and degrees to date. PSU transcripts can be unofficial; all others must be official (submission instructions in the GSE application)
- Three letters of recommendation with recommendation forms (download from GSE application)
- Two scholarly writing samples (submit as an attachment within the GSE application)
Questions about the application process?