At a Glance: Continuing Administrator License (CAL)
An ongoing licensure program for all school administrators
With the Continuing Administrator License you are eligible to begin service as a district-level administrator or to improve your effectiveness as a continuing administrator.
CAL strengthens an administrator’s ability to collaborate with teachers, parents, and community members to design educational programs that foster successful teaching and learning in a climate where social justice prevails and children learn.
As a member of this program, you will:
- Have the flexibility to take classes in the order that fits your schedule
- Experience a hands-on approach to in-depth building and district-wide issues
- Have access to a network of professional colleagues who can assist in ongoing challenges and career guidance
Upon completion, you will have the skills and training necessary to be an exemplary superintendent, superintendent/principal, assistant superintendent, or ongoing administrator.
Who is this for?
This program is for current licensed initial administrators who are ready to move into district-level leadership or are continuing administrators ready to complete their administrative licensure. Students who successfully complete this program will be recommended to TSPC for the Continuing Administrator License.
- Meets face-to-face on campus and around the Portland Metro and Mid-Willamette Valley area or online
- Classes are evenings and weekends
- 28 required credits
Getting started for the CAL program takes a few simple steps. If you are a successful graduate of an Initial Administrator Licensure (IAL) program (24 credits) and have three years experience as a successful school administrator, follow these simple steps:
- Attend an information session on campus or in your region, or contact one of the program advisers
- Begin the application process
- Register for the CAL mailing list to get the latest information on upcoming events and courses
Portland metro area contacts
Salem region program contacts