At a Glance: Clinical Supervision
For mental health and addictions professionals
This series of workshops provides the 30 clock hours of training required to supervise Licensed Professional Counselor candidates as well as the six-hour courses required to supervise Licensed Social Worker candidates. Classes are offered frequently throughout the year at the fundamental and advanced levels, and include knowledge and skills that apply to most human services settings that provide clinical treatment.
As a member of this program, you will:
- Explore ethical and legal issues in clinical supervision
- Increase understanding of the supervisory relationship
- Increase skills facilitating group supervision
- Learn how to decrease the effects of potential organizational and vicarious trauma
- Gain skill via practice of clinical supervision with case scenarios
Upon completion of the courses, you will fulfill requirements to supervise new LPC, LMFT, or LCSW practitioners.
Who is this for?
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors (CADC)
- Any clinician eligible to provide clinical supervision
- Face-to-face classes at PSU
- 6 to 30 hours of CEUs
- Start any time
Getting started in the workshops in the Clinical Supervision series at PSU is easy!
- Visit the Continuing Education website to register or to view available courses
- Register for the Clinical Supervision mailing list to get the latest information on upcoming events and courses
No admission required
- Behavioral Healthcare Series
- Addictions Counseling Graduate Certificate
- Infant/Toddler Mental Health Graduate Certificate
- Interpersonal Neurobiology Certificate of Completion
- Marital, Couple and Family Counseling Graduate Certificate
- School Counseling Series
- Addiction Certification Board of Oregon
- Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Oregon State Board of Clinical Social Workers