At a Glance: Autism Certificates of Completion
Educating the child with autism
The incidence of children diagnosed with autism continues to rise in our schools. How can you be better prepared to help these students be successful? The PSU Autism Certificates of Completion are designed with classroom teachers, specialists, and parents in mind. Using tried and tested research-based behavioral theory, Portland State has developed a program proven to help these students with social practices and academic skills. With the Autism Certificates of Completion, you will learn the communicaton tools they need to express themselves, resulting in a more positive learning environment. You can be the one to make a difference in a child's life.
Earn a Certificate of Completion in:
As a member of these programs, you will:
- Better understand the challenges facing students with disorders on the autism spectrum
- Learn effective teaching strategies to use in your classroom
Upon completion, you will be knowledgeable in meeting the educational and social development needs of children with autism.
Who is this for?
This program prepares special educators, general education teachers, speech and reading specialists, paraprofessionals, administrators, and parents for working with this special population.
Online Asperger's Certificate
PSU's Continuing Education and the Autism Research Center also offer a professional certificate in Asperger's and High-Functioning Autism that is delivered fully online.
- Four 3- to 4-credit classes that can be taken independently, or take all credits for a certificate of completion
- Classes are offered at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
Getting started in the Autism Certificates at PSU is easy! There is one prerequisite for these series. You may take up to eight credits per term at PSU as a non-admitted student.
- Visit the Continuing Education website to register or to view available courses.
- Register for the Autism mailing list to get the latest information on upcoming events and courses
1-800-547-8887 ext. 58102
Request more information
No admission required
- Asperger's and High-Functioning Autism Online Certificate of Completion
- Autism Training and Research Center
- School Counseling Series
- Special Educator Professional Development Opportunities