At a Glance: Added Elementary Endorsement
An innovative four-term program
Have you ever thought about changing your teaching focus to the early childhood or elementary level? If you are a licensed specialist or a secondary teacher, this program offers you an opportunity to move into the K-6 classroom, and learn the special rewards of working with the youngest members of our school system.
As a member of this program, you will:
- Earn an authorization for elementary level
- Learn the specialized skills needed for the elementary classroom
- Learn from the experience of others as a member of a cohort group
- Finish in four terms
As a graduate, you will have the diverse skill set necessary for working in an elementary or early childhood environment.
Who is this for?
The program prepares licensed teachers and specialists, such as physical educators, music educators and special educators, to add an early childhood or elementary level to your current basic or continuing license. You can also take it a step further and use the 32 credits from this program towards a master's degree.
- Face-to-face at PSU’s downtown campus
- 32 required credits
- 7 classes and a practicum
- Cohort groups
- Can combine into a master's degree
Start your path toward an Added Elementary endorsement at PSU today. More details are available on the program website. Cohort groups begin every year. Things you can do right now:
- Have a current Oregon Teaching License
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Schedule your in-person appointment or attend an information session
- Begin the application process
- Register for the Added Elementary mailing list to get the latest information on upcoming events and courses