Getting a Ph.D.
Due to popular demand, Dr. Wooster organized an information session for students interested in pursuing a PhD in Economics. The topics included:
- What makes a student likely to succeed in an Economics PhD program
- How to pick schools to apply to
- Tips on how to prepare a good application packet
- General tips on how to complete a PhD program in a timely fashion
A handout was provided to participants.
- Links to Top-30 Economics departments, local economics departments, and Ph.D. granting institutions in the US and Canada.
- The American Economic Association Graduate Study in Economics Web Pages
- Survey of the Labor Market For New Ph.D.s in Economics
- A Guide to Graduate Study in Economics: Ranking Economics Departments by Fields of Expertise
- Completing an Economics PhD in Five Years
- Who gets into Ph.D. programs