Economics Undergraduate Advising
- Visit us during drop-in advising in Cramer Hall Room 241 the second and fourth Wednesday of every month during Fall, Winter and Spring terms. Click here for the current drop-in schedule.
- Email the Economics advisers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join our list serve to get information about events, internships, classes, careers and more!
Academic advising is a collaborative process in which students and their advisers are partners in meeting the essential learning outcomes that support student success. This partnership requires participation and involvement of both the adviser and the student and spans the whole educational experience. To benefit most from the Economics advising program, students should make use of the full range of advising services. The Economics Department advising process includes the following components:
- Mandatory Advising: All new students at Portland State University are required to attend a mandatory academic advising session during their first year. Students who do not complete the mandatory advising requirement will have a hold placed on their account preventing them from registering for the first term of their second year.
- One-on-One Faculty Advising: Individual advising appointments can be scheduled with a member of the Undergraduate Committee. To schedule a one-on-one advising appointment, please email email@example.com.
Prospective Students: Students considering applying to Portland State and those who have already begun the process are welcome to connect with our advisers. Visit us during drop-in advising, email a faculty advisor to make an appointment or ask a quick question, or call the front office for more information at 503-725-3915.
Veterans Certification: Veterans may visit Professor Tinkler, Professor Woods, Professor Sharma or Professor Keast during their office hours or call to make an appointment in order to get their certification paperwork reviewed and signed. Their phone numbers are:
- Sarah Tinkler, 503-725-3933
- Rajiv Sharma, 503-725-3925
- Fred Keast, 503-725-5934
- Cesar Rodriguez, 503-725-3943
Mailing List: The Economics Department administers a list serve for majors and other interested students. All students with an interest in Economics are encouraged to sign up for the list serve in order to stay informed about upcoming events and opportunities (career workshops, for example). To subscribe, visit our webpage at https://www.lists.pdx.edu/lists/listinfo/econ-students. If you have trouble signing up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.