Why PSU ECE?
You don't need to go far to find exactly what you're looking for.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Portland State University offers the excellence of highly-competitive undergraduate and graduate Engineering Programs in the heart of downtown Portland. Portland State meets the needs of Oregon’s largest and most diverse student body. In Electrical and Computer Engineering, you'll find an international student base that is passionate about Engineering.
Our mission is to prepare students for successful careers and lifelong learning in engineering and research through knowledge creation, technology development, and innovation.
Our vision is to be a premier source of electrical and computer engineering talent and research in the Pacific Northwest. This means our graduates are successful, our research is innovative, and we are the intellectual center for our discipline in the Portland region.
- We value the success of our graduates
- We value research, knowledge creation and innovation
- We value high intellectual and ethical standards
- We value quality education
- We value broad access to learning
- We value diverse paths to proficiency
- We value our contribution to the Oregon economy
- We value lifelong learning
Our impact is measurable by the success of our students upon graduation and the integration, adoption, and expansion of our knowledge and technologies by others.