How to Apply
Please apply directly to the Portland State University Admissions Department. ECE students must apply and be accepted to the program to take upper division courses numbered 300 or higher.
Please see the ECE Admissions process.
Fast Track B.S. + M.S.
Students in our undergraduate program can choose to apply for a Fast Track program that allows for shared credits between the bachelor's and master's programs. Please see the Fast Track B.S. + M.S. page for more information.
First, apply to PSU Admissions, obtain a PSU identification number, and mail any required documents to the Admissions Office. Then apply to the ECE Department online. The ECE Department application process is completely online. Mailed materials will not be reviewed.
Deadlines for applying to the masters program:
- Fall (September start) - February 1
- Winter (January start) - August 15
- Due to the sequence of classes, we generally do not admit students to our masters program for Spring or Summer
Deadlines for applying to the PhD program:
- Fall (September start) - March 1
- Winter (January start) - September 1 (prior year)
- Spring (March start) - November 1 (prior year)
- Summer (June start) - February 1
Applications that are not complete by the deadline, including GRE and letters of recommendation, will not be considered. For questions about the online application form, please contact email@example.com. For questions about the graduate program, contact Eliza Conlin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit more than one application.
Graduates of PSU
Please contact Dr. Hall for an application form.