Use of Buildings, Grounds, and Services
OAR: OREGON UNIVERSITY SYSTEM, PORTLAND STATE UNIVERSITY
DIVISION 71 USE OF BUILDINGS, GROUNDS, AND SERVICES
Conditions of Use
(1) University faculty administrative and staff personnel, and University students are permitted access to public areas, and, when engaged in a University authorized or assigned activity, to non-public areas.
(2) Members of the general public who are not University employees or students are permitted access to the public areas of the University, provided such access is consistent with the provisions of OAR 577-071-0005.
(3) Members of the general public who are not University employees or students are prohibited from use of non-public University facilities except upon the authorization of the person-in-charge.
(4) University employees and students, and members of the general public are prohibited from bringing animals into University facilities, excluding grounds; exempted from this prohibition are University employees and students, and members of the general public:
(a) Who are legally handicapped, and whose handicap requires the assistance of a dog; or
(b) Are engaged in an authorized University instructional, research or public service activity requiring the presence of animals in University facilities.
(5) University faculty, administrative and staff personnel, University students, and members of the general public are expressly prohibited from consuming food or beverages of any kind whatsoever in any University classroom or laboratory, except as authorized in writing by the appropriate vice president. Exempted from this prohibition are facilities within Smith Memorial Center under the scheduling jurisdiction of the University Scheduling Office.
(6) Smoking is expressly prohibited in any University classroom or laboratory.
(7) The dispensing or consumption of alcoholic beverages is expressly prohibited in any University facility, except as authorized under the provisions of the University's Internal Management Directive 5.500.
(8) The University reserves the right to impose such requirements on the use of University facilities as it may deem necessary, and reserves the right to reassign or substitute facilities as available and when the University deems such reassignment or substitution is in the best interests of the University.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 351 & 352
Hist.: PSU 6-1978, f. & cert. ef. 8-1-78; PSU 4-1983, f. 6-22-83, ef. 7-1-83