Diversity and Multicultural Student Services (DMSS) mission is to build and strengthen a sustainable, educationally diverse and co-curricular environment where all students have the access and support they need to achieve their educational goals.
We will accomplish this mission by providing structured support services to student populations whose access, retention, academic success, and graduation are most challenged by social and historical factors and contemporary inequities. We will provide a student-centered inclusive environment that enriches the university experience and engages both families and the community. DMSS is a unit within Enrollment Management and Student Affairs. There are four main departments within the DMSS unit: Pre-College (TRiO), Student Support Services (TRiO), Retention Programs and the Cultural Centers. We also have one facility, the Native American Student and Community Center. You can find information on each department in the green bar at the top of the page.
Our goals are:
1. Develop more pathways to student success.
2. Enhance civic engagement through partnerships.
3. Improve or build new community relationships.
4. Maintain a student centered and inclusive environment.
5. Continue to support students in an increasingly global environment.
6. Improve Communication.
We are hiring! Latin@ Student Services Graduate Assistant, click on the pdf 2014-2015 LSS GA Position Description.pdf
Latin@ Student Services Coordinator find on the HR website at https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/12890
Are you connected with DMSS on Facebook? Stay up to date with events, annoucments, and important dates. Like us on Facebook.
For any annoucments, or event promotions that you would like to share with DMSS please email us at email@example.com
The mission of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs is:
- To facilitate and enhance student learning and success through intentionally connecting parts of the student experience into a whole
- To enrich and complement student learning by providing opportunities for involvement in meaningful activities within the University community and the larger urban community
- To provide services that facilitate a student's transition to the University and remove barriers to student success
The core values that guide our work are:
- Access: Pathways to and into the University
- Success and Learning: Academic and Career Success
- Wellness and Care: Support for Healthy Living and Flourishing in a Campus Environment
- Diversity: Opportunities for Development of Leadership, Citizenship, and Diverse and Global Perspectives
- Engagement: Opportunities for Support and Engagement within the University Learning Community and Community at Large
- Provide support services to students
- Provide our students opportunities for engagement
- Be campus leaders in regards to the student experience