Service Learning and Volunteer Opportunities
Fall Term Opportunities for fulfilling diverstiy scholarship service learning requirement
- The ASPSU food Pantry (requires a volunteer training and application)
- American Diabetes Association Expo In Portland - Email Olivia Rodriguez at email@example.com for information.
- Where: Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE Martin Luther king Jr. Blvd, Portland, Oregon
- Hands On Greater Portland - click here for registration link Hands On offers a range of volunteer programs designed to provide everyone with the opportunity to make a difference in our community. Please view the Hands On Calendar for opportunities that fit your aschedule.
- Oregon Food Bank - click here for registration link
Duties include repack bulk food, sort canned food, label packages, and complete mailing projects.
For safety reasons you will be turned away for improper footwear. Shoes must have closed toes and heels, NO SANDALS, CLOGS, MULES, OR HIGH HEELS.
Temperatures in volunteer areas may vary, dressing in layers is recommended. Bring your own lunch.
Address: 7900 NE 33rd Drive, Portland, OR
- Community Warehouse, Click here for registration link Collects and redistributes donated furniture and household goods to neighbos in need.
- 1) Retail Store Volunteer - Donation Processor and sales, help recieve, sort, and shelve donated home goods. Shifts are Monday through Thursday, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm or 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- 2) Warehouse Volunteer -Warehouse Ambassador, Help recieve, sort, and shelve donated home goods. Shifts are Monday through Friday, 9:45 am to 12:45 pm.
- Address: Two Locations Community Warehouse Eastside, 3969 SE Martin Luther King JR Boulevard, Portland, OR 97212 Community Warehouse Westside, 8380 SW Nyburg Street, Tualatin, OR 97062
- Potluck In The Park - Need up to 12 volunteers per date, click here for registration link
- Potluck in the Park serves meals to children, youths, adults, and families every Sunday.
- Sunday, January 11th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, January 18th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, January 25th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, February 1st, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, February 8th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, February 15th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, February 22nd, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Address: Downtown Portland in O'Bryant Square, On Washington Street between SW Park and 9th Avenue.
- Duties include outdoor food prep, set-up, serving, clean-up, special assistance to customers when needed.
- Dress for the weather, if inclement weather, location changes to adjacent underground parking on Stark between SW Park & 9th Avenue.
- Impact NW, Monday Drop-In Club Night, Chaperone 2-4 volunteers click here for registration link
- Chaperone events and assist young adults with a wide range of physical and cognitive limitations socialize and enjoy an evening of fun, games, and snacks with their peers. Click here for more information.
- Mondays, January 5th, 12th, and 19th
- Mondays, January 12th, 19th, and 26th
- Mondays, January 19th, 26th, and February 2nd
- Mondays, January 26th, February 2nd, and 9th
- Mondays, February 2nd, 9th, and 16th
- Mondays, February 9th, 16th, and 23rd
- Mondays, February 16th, 23rd, and March 2nd
- Mondays, March 2nd, 9th, and 16th
- Address: Impact NW, SE Multicultural Community Center at 4610 SE Belmont Street, Portland, OR, Bus #15 will drop you off in front of SE Center and return stop is just across the street from SE Center.
- Friends of Trees - Need 2-4 volunteers per event, click here for information
- No registration needed. Friends of trees works to improve the urban environment, neighborhood communities, and create green spaces for the future. Volunteers from all walks of life work together to distribute, plant, and educate property owners on tree care and benefits of green spaces to neighborhods and the environment. Please view the Friends of Trees Calendar for opportunities that fit your schedule.
- Portland Police Bureau Sunshine Division, click here for information
- The Sunshine Division organizes several food and fundraising events in the community each year. These events include concerts, food drives, community partnership nights, and auctions. These events take place throughout the year. Click here for current volunteer opportunities and registration link.
- Address: 687 N. Thompson Street, Portland, OR 97227 503-823-2347
- Cascade AIDS Project - flexible volunteer hours, click here for information
- Once you have completed your Service Learning Project, click on the following link to let us know about your experience at this service learning site.Service Learning Form