Service Learning Opportunities
Fall Term Opportunities for fulfilling diverstiy scholarship service learning requirement
- Hands On Greater Portland - click here for registration link Hands On offers a range of volunteer programs designed to provide everyone with the opportunity to make a difference in our community. Please view the Hands On Calendar for opportunities that fit your aschedule.
- Oregon Food Bank - click here for registration link
Duties include repack bulk food, sort canned food, label packages, and complete mailing projects.
For safety reasons you will be turned away for improper footwear. Shoes must have closed toes and heels, NO SANDALS, CLOGS, MULES, OR HIGH HEELS.
Temperatures in volunteer areas may vary, dressing in layers is recommended. Bring your own lunch.
Address: 7900 NE 33rd Drive, Portland, OR
- Community Warehouse, Click here for registration link Collects and redistributes donated furniture and household goods to neighbos in need.
- 1) Retail Store Volunteer - Donation Processor and sales, help recieve, sort, and shelve donated home goods. Shifts are Monday through Thursday, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm or 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- 2) Warehouse Volunteer -Warehouse Ambassador, Help recieve, sort, and shelve donated home goods. Shifts are Monday through Friday, 9:45 am to 12:45 pm.
- Address: Two Locations Community Warehouse Eastside, 3969 SE Martin Luther King JR Boulevard, Portland, OR 97212 Community Warehouse Westside, 8380 SW Nyburg Street, Tualatin, OR 97062
- Potluck In The Park - Need up to 12 volunteers per date, click here for registration link
- Potluck in the Park serves meals to children, youths, adults, and families every Sunday.
- Sunday, October 5th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, October 12th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, October 19th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, October 26th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, November 2nd, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, November 9th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, November 16th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, November 23rd, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Address: Downtown Portland in O'Bryant Square, On Washington Street between SW Park and 9th Avenue.
- Duties include outdoor food prep, set-up, serving, clean-up, special assistance to customers when needed.
- Dress for the weather, if inclement weather, location changes to adjacent underground parking on Stark between SW Park & 9th Avenue.
- Impact NW, Monday Drop-In Club Night,Chaperone.2-4 volunteers click here for registration link
- Chaperone events and assist young adults with a wide range of physical and cognitive limitations socialize and enjoy an evening of fun, games, and snacks with their peers. Click here for more information.
- Mondays, October 6th, 13th, and 20th
- Mondays, October 13th, 20th, and 27th
- Mondays, October 20th, 27th, and November 3rd
- Mondays, October 27th, November 3rd, and 10th
- Mondays, November 3rd, 10th, and 17th
- Mondays, November 10th, 17th, and 24th
- Address: Impact NW, SE Multicultural Community Center at 4610 SE Belmont Street, Portland, OR, Bus #15 will drop you off in front of SE Center and return stop is just across the street from SE Center.
- Friends of Trees - Need 2-4 volunteers per event, click here for information
- No registration needed. Friends of trees works to improve the urban environment, neighborhood communities, and create green spaces for the future. Volunteers from all walks of life work together to distribute, plant, and educate property owners on tree care and benefits of green spaces to neighborhods and the environment. Please view the Friends of Trees Calendar for opportunities that fit your schedule.
- Once you have completed your Service Learning Project, click on the following link to let us know about your experience at this service learning site. Service Learning Form