Service Learning and Volunteer Opportunities
Opportunities for fulfilling diverstiy scholarship service learning requirement.
Earth Day of Service 2015
Join us for P.S.U's 10th Annual Earth Day of Service, Saturday, April 25th, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Organized by the Student Community Engagement Center. This is a day to give back to the earth by volunteering to work on projects on and around the Portland Campus, including activities such as gardening and community beautification. Lunch will be provided.
For additional information and registration, please visit the Earth Day of Service Website
Serve Your City Days.
For more information please visit the Serve Your City Day Website
Campus Service Experiences
- Projects for Re-Use Room
- Work on campus gardens
- Projects for A.S.P.S.U Food Pantry
Off-campus service experiences
- Classroom aids for a day in the Kindergarten
- Classes P.S.U sponsors at Alder Elementary School
- Habitat for Humanity build day
- Invasive species removal at Forest park
Hands On Greater Portland.
For More information please visit the Hands On Greater Portland Website.
Hands On offers a range of volunteer programs designed to provide everyone with the opportunity to make a difference in our community. Please view the Hands On Calendar for opportunities that fit your aschedule.
Oregon Food Bank.
For more information and registration please visit the Oregon Food Bank Website.
Duties include repack bulk food, sort canned food, label packages, and complete mailing projects.For safety reasons you will be turned away for improper footwear. Shoes must have closed toes and heels, NO SANDALS, CLOGS, MULES, OR HIGH HEELS. Temperatures in volunteer areas may vary, dressing in layers is recommended. Bring your own lunch.
Address: 7900 NE 33rd Drive, Portland, OR
For more information and registration, please visit the Community Warehouse Website.
Collects and redistributes donated furniture and household goods to neighbos in need.
1) Retail Store Volunteer - Donation Processor and sales, help recieve, sort, and shelve donated home goods. Shifts are Monday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m or 1:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m
2) Warehouse Volunteer -Warehouse Ambassador, Help recieve, sort, and shelve donated home goods. Shifts are Monday through Friday, 9:45 a.m to 12:45 p.m.
Address: Two Locations
Community Warehouse Eastside, 3969 S.E Martin Luther King JR Boulevard, Portland, OR 97212
Community Warehouse Westside, 8380 S.W Nyburg Street, Tualatin, OR 97062
Potluck In The Park.
Opportunities for up to 12 volunteers per date.
For more information and registration, please visit the Potluck in the Park Website
Potluck in the Park serves meals to children, youths, adults, and families every Sunday.
- Sunday, October 4th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, October 11th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, October 18th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, October 25th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, November 1st, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, November 8th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, November 15th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, November 22nd, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, November 29th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
Address : Downtown Portland in O'Bryant Square, On Washington Street between SW Park and 9th Avenue.
Duties include outdoor food prep, set-up, serving, clean-up, special assistance to customers when needed.
Dress for the weather, if inclement weather, location changes to adjacent underground parking on Stark
between SW Park & 9th Avenue.
Monday Night Drop-in for Young Adults with Disabilities. Opportunities for two to four chaperon volunteers.
For more information and registration, please visit the Impact Northwest Website
Chaperone events and assist young adults with a wide range of physical and cognitive limitations socialize and enjoy an evening of fun, games, and snacks with their peers.
- Mondays, October 5th, 12th, and 19th
- Mondays, October 12th, 19th, and 26th
- Mondays, October 19th 26th, and November 2nd
- Mondays, October 26th, November 2nd, and 9th
- Mondays, November 2nd, 9th, and 16th
- Mondays, November 9th, 16th, and 23rd
- Mondays, November 16th, 23rd, and 30th
- Mondays, November 23rd, 30th, and December 7th
Address: Impact NW, SE Multicultural Community Center at 4610 SE Belmont Street, Portland, OR, Bus #15 will drop you off in front of SE Center and return stop is just across the street from SE Center.
Friends of Trees.
Opportunities for two to four volunteers per event. For more information, please visit the Friends of Trees Website.
No registration needed. Friends of trees works to improve the urban environment, neighborhood communities, and create green spaces for the future. Volunteers from all walks of life work together to distribute, plant, and educate property owners on tree care and benefits of green spaces to neighborhods and the environment. Please view the Friends of Trees Calendar for opportunities that fit your schedule.
Portland Police Bureau Sunshine Division
For more information, please visit the Portland Police Sunshine Division Website.
The Sunshine Division organizes several food and fundraising events in the community each year. These events include concerts, food drives, community partnership nights, and auctions. These events take place throughout the year.
Address: 687 N. Thompson Street, Portland, OR 97227 503-823-234
Cascade AIDS Project
For information and registration, please visit the Cascade AIDS Project Website.
Flexible volunteer opportunities vary and are listed on the C.A.P Calendar.
Address: 208 SW 5th Avenue, 8th Floor, Portland, OR 97204, 503-223-5907
For more information, please visit the Urban Gleaners Wewbsite.
Works to alleviate hunger by rescuing edible surplus foods and delivering it to agencies that feed the hungry. We have two volunteer duties/needs. One is repackaging the foods for distribution and the other is picking-up and delivering the donated food.
Address: 15 SE 6th Avenue, Portland,OR 97214, 503-226-8061
Once you have completed your Service Learning Project, click on the following Service Learning Form link to let us know about your experience at this service learning site. Service Learning Form