Service Learning Opportunities
Fall Term Opportunities for fulfilling diverstiy scholarship service learning requirement
- Oregon Food Bank - click here for registration link Address is 7900 NE 33rd Drive, Portland, OR
Duties include repack bulk food, sort canned food, label packages, and complete mailing projects.
For safety reasons you will be turned away for improper footwear. Shoes must have closed toes and heels, NO SANDALS, CLOGS, MULES, OR HIGH HEELS.
Temperatures in volunteer areas may vary, dressing in layers is recommended.
Bring your own lunch.
- Potluck In The Park - Need up to 12 volunteers per date, click here for registration link
- Potluck in the Park serves meals to children, youths, adults, and families every Sunday.
- Sunday, February 23rd, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, March 2nd, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, March 9th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, March 16th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, March 23rd, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, March 30, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Sunday, April 6th, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or later
- Address: Downtown Portland in O'Bryant Square, On Washington Street between SW Park and 9th Avenue.
- Duties include outdoor food prep, set-up, serving, clean-up, special assistance to customers when needed.
- Dress for the weather, if inclement weather, location changes to adjacent underground parking on Stark between SW Park & 9th Avenue.
- Impact NW, Monday Drop-In Club Night, Chaperone. 2-4 volunteers click here for registration link
- Chaperone events and assist young adults with a wide range of physical and cognitive limitations socialize and enjoy an evening of fun, games, and snacks with their peers.
- Mondays, March 3rd, 10th, and 17th
- Mondays, March 17th, 24th, and 31st
- Mondays, April 7th, 14th, and 21st
- Mondays, april 14th, 21st, and 28th.
- Address: Impact NW, SE Community Center at 4610 SE Belmont Street, Portland, OR, Bus #15 will drop you off at Center and return stop is just across the street from building.
- Friends of Trees - Need 2-4 volunteers per event, click here for information
- No registration needed. Friends of trees works to improve the urban environment, neighborhood communities, and create green spaces for the future. Volunteers from all walks of life work together to distribute, plant, and educate property owners on tree care and benefits of green spaces to neighborhods and the environment.
- Saturday, March 8th, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. (Breakfast snacks, hot chocolate, gloves, and planting tools will beprovided) Please arrive by 8:45 pm
- Address, Memorial City Park, Wilsonville OR 97070 Link to map
- We are meeting near the community gardenson the north-east side of the park and planting along Boeckman Creek, planting native trees and shrubs as well as removing non-native invasive plants from the area.
- Dress requirement: We recomment you dress in layers, waterproof outer wear is idea; wear sturdy shoes/boots and something you don't mind getting dirty.
- Saturday, March 22nd, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. (Breakfast snacks, hot chocolate, gloves, and planting tools are provided) Please arrive by 8:45 AM
- Address: 2600 Southwest Hillsboro Highway, Hillsboro, Oregon, 97123 Link to map
- There will be a 10-15 minute walk from the parking lot to the Tualatin River Basin planting site.
- Dress requirement: We recommend you dress in layers, waterproof outer wear is ideal; wear sturdy shoes/boots and something you don't mid getting dirty.
- Once you have completed your Service Learning Project, click on the following link to let us know about your experience at this service learning site. Service Learning Form