This award provides up to $5,000 for 1-2 student scholarships to be awarded for the 2014-2015 academic year, beginning summer or fall 2014.
Eligible applicants must -
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Be full-time enrolled or accepted for full-time enrollment at Portland State University, as a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student;
- Be pursuing an academic program at PSU, or abroad, with a focus on Asia and/or Asian language studies1.
Selection priority will be given to:
- under-represented student(s)2,
- student(s) admitted to a PSU approved study abroad program in an Asian country1,
- student(s) who are a first-time visitor to the desired study-abroad country.
1 Students with an interest in Japan or Japanese language studies or who will study abroad to Japan are encouraged to apply for the scholarship offered by Center for Japanese Studies.
2 Under-represented students include, but are not limited to: economically disadvantaged students, first-generation college students (neither parent has a four-year college degree from any country), students with disabilities and/or ethnic and racially diverse students.
Application deadline: Friday, May 30, 2014 at 5 p.m.
This scholarship is made possible through the generosity of PSU scholarship supporters and Friends of PSU's Institute for Asian Studies.