Latino Student Services
¡Bienvenidos! – Welcome to the Latino Student Services (L.S.S) Website!
L.S.S provides academic support services, advocacy and connections to campus and Latino community services and resources to new incoming freshman, transfer and continuing students. L.S.S provides a supportive and welcoming environment for Latino students as they transition to the P.S.U academic environment. L.S.S assists students who are seeking a cultural connection to the Portland State University campus by connecting them to student groups and faculty, an essential component to achieving academic success.
- Academic advising and referral to campus resources
- Referral to Latino/a community resources
- Assistance with identifying scholarships, especially Latino/a specific
- Assistance locating internships and career opportunities
- Assistance establishing campus community
- Connections to on-campus Latino/a student organizations: Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (M.E.Ch.A), Las Mujeres, Association of Latino Professional in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA), Omega Delta Phi Fraternity Inc., and Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, Inc.
- Support and resource for Latino families
- Opportunities for Leadership development
- Bilingual services (Spanish/English) - ¡Se habla español!
- L.S.S Student Experience
L.S.S is located in Diversity and Multicultural Student Services, Smith Memorial Union Building, Room 425.
- Emanuel Magana - L.S.S Retention Coordinator (503) 725-4457.
- Leticia Rodriguez Garcia - Assistant Coordinator (503) 725-9973