General Pool Students
The General Pool Services Program in the Diversity & Multicultural Student Services (D.M.S.S) department offers general academic support to students who are first-generation, low-income and from diverse and multicultural backgrounds. The program will aid you throughout your college experience by providing general academic advising, connections with a diverse and multicultural on-campus community, and referrals to campus and community resources. The General Pool Services Program is for students who are not currently enrolled in one of the following D.M.S.S transition programs: A.C.C.E.S.S, Diversity Scholars, GANAS, TRiO-SSS or N.D.N.S.S.
- Low-income (federally defined) and/or;
- First-generation (neither parents has a 4-year college degree from a U.S university) and/or;
- From a diverse and/or multicultural background;
- Undergraduate Student (completing first bachelor’s degree);
- New or Continuing Student at P.S.U not currently enrolled in a D.M.S.S transition program
Students enrolled in the General Pool Services Program will receive the following services:
- Designated D.M.S.S advisor
- General academic advising
- Assistance setting goals and creating academic plans
- Assistance navigating and transitioning to P.S.U
- Various workshops
- Informed of cultural D.M.S.S programs & events
- Referrals to on and off campus resources
- Access to the DMSS computer lab
To apply to the General Pool Application Program, please go to the General Pool Application.
All students who apply to the G.P.S program will receive an intake appointment to discuss program details.Please note: Students who apply to this program are require to meet with an assigned D.M.S.S advisor at least twice per year to be eligible to receive the above services.
Application for the 2016-2017 Retention Programs
*Regular Deadline: May