Characteristics of suspicious packages are:
- Excessive Postage.
- Hand written or poorly typed.
- Incorrect titles.
- Title, but no name.
- Misspelling of common words.
- City, State, and Zip Code don’t match.
- Excessive tape, string.
- Excessive weight.
- Oil stains, discolorations or odor.
- Ticking sound.
- Protruding wire or foil.
If you believe you have received or encountered a suspicious package follow these guidelines:
- Stay calm.
- DO NOT MOVE OR HANDLE THE PACKAGE.
- Evacuate the area and call CPSO at 5-4404.