Clery Crime & Fire Log
The Portland State University Crime & Fire Log contains information on recent crimes and incidents that have occurred on the Portland State University campus and surrounding areas. The Clery Log will be updated within two business days from the occurrence of the crime or incident. If you have any information regarding these crimes that could be helpful, please call (503) 725-4407. A hard copy of the Clery Log is available for viewing at the PSU Public Safety (1914 SW Park - Suite 148) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
According to Federal Law, an institution may withhold any of the required fields of entry (i.e. Classification, Date, Time, Location, and/or Disposition) if any of the following conditions apply:
- The disclosure is prohibited by law
- If disclosure would jeopardize the confidentiality of the victim
- If disclosure would jeopardize an ongoing criminal investigation or the safety of an individual
- If disclosure would cause a suspect to flee or evade detection
- If disclosure would result in the destruction of evidence
The following is an explanation of the terminology used to complete the Disposition section of the Clery Crime & Fire Log.
- OPEN: The case is Open and being investigated
- SUSP: The case is Suspended, due to no leads
- UNFN: The case is determined to be Unfounded
- CBAA: The case was closed with an Adult Arrest
- CBEJ: The case is Closed By Exceptional-Juvenile
- CBEX: The case was closed with an Exceptional-Adult
- CBJA: The case was closed with a Juvenile Arrest