Sustainable Tribal Forestry Seminar
Join us! October 6-8, 2011
Ecotrust Natural Capital Center
Billy Frank Jr. Conference Center
721 NW Ninth St., Suite 200, Portland OR
This seminar will focus on sustainable tribal forestry management practices including how to utilize forest carbon credits, new market tax credits, forest stewardship council certification, and holistic watershed restoration strategies.
Participants will examine policy issues related to sustainable tribal forestry practices, including:
- Applying forest carbon credits - tribal case studies
- Using new market tax credits to purchase tribal lands
- Reinvesting into tribal natural resources and energy projects
- Using FSC certification for the benefit of tribal forest products
- Integrating watershed restoration activities
Who Should Attend?
Tribal leaders and staff at various levels, including Tribal Council, Leaders, Committee and Commission Members, Management Staff, Elected Officials, and Attorneys.
- Day 1: Tribal Policy Leaders (Oct. 6)
- Days 1‐2 1/2: Tribal Staff (Oct. 6‐8)
Register early and save! Registration deadline: September 23, 2011
- $250 - First day only
- $500 - Full seminar (2 1/2 days)
For more information, please contact: Peggy Harris at email@example.com or (541) 215-2919.