Executive Master of Public Administration
Preparing for Tomorrow's Leadership Challenges
The vitality of the public sector can not be taken for granted. It requires creative approaches to leadership development as well as heightened efforts to attract and develop the next generation of professional, managerial, leadership and technical talent.
Our Executive MPA Program uses a leadership model we have developed over the past 20 years and have successfully tested in the U.S., Japan, China and Vietnam. Organized around the unique characteristics of public service, it requires the development of knowledge and skills in the following four areas of leadership competency.
1. Leading Yourself
- Using leadership assessment tools to diagnose personal leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Techniques for coaching and mentoring
- Preparation of a leadership and career development plan
2. Leading Others
- Team leadership knowledge and skills
- Facilitation and conflict resolutions techniques
- Motivation and recognition
3. Leading Organizations
- Organizational structure and design
- Managing organizational change
- Managing for results
4. Leading Your Community
- The legal and political environment of public organizations
- Stakeholder analysis
- Strategic partnerships and collaboration
- Public service ethics
Our Executive MPA is a selective program in which students are part of a cohort of seasoned and talented peers. While rigorous, the program requires 45 quarter hours of credit rather than the 60 hours required by our conventional MPA degree. It is designed to be completed in 24 months and to meet the unique needs of busy public sector professionals.
Please fill out the form to request an application or learn more about the program
Video (below): Senator Hatfield's Leadership Legacy