Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Christine joined the staff in September of 2006 as a Program Coordinator. Her program portfolio currently includes:
- US Army Corps of Engineers Leadership Development Program
- Emergency Leadership & Community Resilience Program
- New Energy Economy/Designing the Smart Grid for Sustainable Communities
- National Policy Process
- Bonneville Power Administration Leaders Forum
- Association of Oregon Counties - Oregon County Leadership Institute
- Middle East Partnership Initiative
- Fundamentals of Columbia Basin Governance
- Natural Resource Policy, Values and Economics Seminar
- Miscellaneous leadership development programs and new business development
She also coordinates the Center's marketing and communications efforts, including the website, social media, print materials, database management, and content development.
An east-coast native, Christine received her BA in Russian/East European Studies and Music Composition, as well as her MA in Russian, from Middlebury College in Vermont . She has spent a total of two academic years in Russia (Smolensk and Moscow) studying Russian language and literature; she also spent a year in Copenhagen, Denmark, as an AFS exchange student. She speaks Russian well, but her Danish has suffered somewhat from lack of practice. She moved to Portland in August of 2001. For four years she worked at the World Affairs Council of Oregon, where she managed a US State Department-sponsored professional development program for groups of visitors from the former Soviet Union, prior to beginning work at PSU.
Christine enjoys hiking, camping, and fantasy novels; her long-term goals include writing a book. She has participated in the National Novel Writing Month twice and currently posts short fiction to a blog. She lives in a 1912 bungalow with her domestic partner and their two young sons.