Application Deadline and Process
The online application can be accessed through the Office of Graduate Studies website using the link below.
Application Deadline for 2017 Cohort
The priority application deadline for the Fall 2017 cohort is April 1, 2017.
Submit your Graduate Application online. A non-refundable $65 application fee and $2 processing fee will be required to successfully complete the application. Payment can be made via VISA, MasterCard, or electronic check.
PSU's graduate application requires the following documents:
- Copies of your transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Proof of English language proficiency through the submission of TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic exam scores (for applicants whose first language is not English).
The EMPA program requires the following additional documents:
Statement of intent (questions are included in the online application).
Copy of current professional resume. The resume you submit as part your application packet should document the strategic leadership experience and be in alignment with your personal essay.
Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references. Each letter should comment on the applicant's ability to succeed in the EMPA program. Applicants will submit a "Recommendation Request" through the online application that will allow recommendations to be submitted electronically.
No GRE test scores are required for program admission.
Application Review Process
Upon receipt of your application, the Admissions Committee will review your application packet, and then your application will go to the graduate admissions office for the final review and admissions decision. Admissions decisions fall into three categories:
- Unconditional Admission: An applicant is admitted into the program with no conditions or restrictions.
- Conditional Admission: An applicant is conditionally admitted into the program and must demonstrate satisfactory performance in 2 or more courses (as determined by their advisor) before granted unconditional student status.
- Denial: An applicant's qualifications and experience do not meet admissions criteria.
Important Note: Interviews with applicants may be requested by the Admissions Committee prior to issuing an admissions decision.
If you do not join the cohort to which you are admitted, your admission application will be automatically cancelled unless you notify PSU Admissions and the Center for Public Service. Admission can be deferred up to four terms, or one academic year.