Summer Fun & Entertainment
Visit the Portland State University website at http://www.pdx.edu to access detailed information about the campus.
A Wells Fargo branch is located on SW College Street and SW Fifth Avenue and a US Bank branch located on SW Harrison and SW Fifth Avenue. Both offer full services, including 24-hour ATM machines. There are also several stand alone ATM's located throughout campus i.e., PSU Bookstore and Smith Center.
Downtown Portland has everything you need! Nordstrom's, Macys, Nike Town, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Columbia Sportswear, Powell's Bookstore, and many others!
Many exciting events are held in the Portland Park blocks throughout the year. During the summer, take an opportunity to participate in events such as the Portland Farmer's Market, Annual Portland Art Festival, several Brewer’s Festivals, etc. PDX Pipeline, http://pdxpipeline.com, is an excellent source for local events.
Top ten list of fun things to do in the summer in Downtown Portland:
- Sporting events at JELD WEN Field
- Shopping at Pioneer Place and the famous Pearl District
- Indulge in midnight snacks at Voodoo Donuts
- Explore Powell's City of Books
- Support local farmers at Portland Farmers Market —Saturdays in the PSU Park Blocks
- Find handmade treasures at Portland Saturday Market—Saturdays and Sundays at Skidmore Fountain
- Tour local breweries like Rogue, Bridgeport, and Deschutes
- Visit the OMSI, Oregon Historical Society Museum, and Portland Art Museum
- Take a cool walk along the Waterfront
- Movie Night at 5th Avenue Cinemas—right under the Ondine!
Portland State University Bookstore
The PSU bookstore, which is located at 1715 SW 5th avenue, offers a large selection of books, office supplies, art supplies and gifts. For more information, please call the bookstore at: 5-3780 or (503) 226-2631. You may also view bookstore information on the web @: http://www.portlandstatebookstore.com
If you are interested in using the Student Recreational Facility please contact our office during business hours (Mon-Fri from 9am to 10pm). Visitors under the age of 18 will need special approval to use the facility and must have a chaperone, details are available from the Summer Housing Office. Please Visit http://www.pdx.edu/recreation/schedules for the current schedule.
Smith Memorial Center
Smith Memorial Center is home to the Viking Bowl and Billiards, Smith Memorial Center Food Court, University Market, several ATM's and the White & Littman Art Galleries. There are also open areas with tables and chairs that can accommodate large groups. Let’s Go Bowling!