Summer Conferencing General Services
Portland has excellent and reliable public transportation. For transit maps of the Portland area, visit PSU’s Transportation & Parking Office located on the corner of 6th Ave & Harrison St. For more information on the web: http://www.trimet.org or http://www.portlandstreetcar.org. For help planning a trip on TriMet please contact them at (503) 238-RIDE.
Street parking, PSU-owned parking garages and metered parking are available for alternate or short-term parking. Metered PSU parking lots are patrolled Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-7pm, Friday-Saturday, 8:00am-5pm and free on Sundays and University Holidays.
The Conference Services Office may assist with making parking arrangements in advance; however, we assume no responsibility for tickets issued due to parking violations during guests' stay with us. For parking policies, please refer inquiries to the PSU Office of Transportation and Parking Services at: (503) 725-3442.
The following amenities are available for use during your conference stay:
- Easy access to mass transit with MAX light rail at your front door
- Secure, card access only for exterior doors and elevators
- All rooms have private bathrooms; most rooms also come with mini-refrigerators and unfurnished kitchenettes
- FREE! fitness center access
- FREE! Cable television as long as you provide the TV
- FREE wi-fi access, bring an ethernet cord and you cann access the internet that way too!
- Laundry Room/ Laundry cards (available for purchase on the first floor of Ondine)
- Vending Machines (located on the 1st floor of Ondine Hall)
Mail can be both sent and received in the University Housing Office. If you anticipate receiving mail during your stay please notify the Conference Services Office. Please have the sender address the mail to:
Attn:Summer Housing and Conferences
625 SW Jackson, Suite 210
Portland, OR 97201
There are several convenience stores located within blocks of campus. The closest is at the gas station on 4th and Hall, behind Ondine Hall. Plaid Pantry is located on Park and Montgomery, and there is a 7-11 on the corner of Broadway and Market Street. For groceries, there is a Safeway within walking distance of Ondine Hall. It is located on 10th and Jefferson. You may take the Portland Street Car (get on and off at the Urban Studies and Planning building 3 blocks North of Ondine Hall) and exit the Street Car directly in front of Safeway.
Telephones are provided on request. The area code and prefixes for the Portland State University campus are: (503) 725-xxxx and (503) 471-xxxx.
- To make an on-campus call, dial: 5 + last four numbers, or 1 + last four numbers
- To make an off-campus call, dial: 9 + area code + seven digit number
- Long distance telephone calls may be made with a calling card, credit card or by collect call.
* Please note there is no Voicemail Service available through land line connections.
Internet access is available by standard Wireless. Access may or may not be assessable from your room. If you need access please come to the Conferencing Office Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm. If you have issues connecting you may purchase an Ethernet cable from a nearby store, or the campus bookstore. For internet related questions, call the OIT Help Desk (503) 725-HELP.
You will receive fresh towels and washcloths twice weekly and your bed linens will be changed weekly. In order to facilitate the bed linen exchange service, please clear personal belongings from your bed. In order to encourage sustainability, please hang your damp towels for future use. Please keep your floor clear for vacuuming. *Please note there is no cleaning staff for weekend reservations.
There is a laundry room available for use on the 3rd, 5th, and 7th floors of Ondine Hall, and the 6th floor of Epler Hall. The Broadway Building had facilities on the 3rd, 5tth, and 7th floors. Your room key is the access to the laundry rooms. Laundry Cards can be purchased at University Market in Smith, The Meetro Café, and Victor’s in the Ondine.