Profiles - Computer Science
Browse by category:
- All Categories
- Campus Life
- Bike Hub
- Campus Public Safety
- Campus Recreation
- Daily Messages
- Diversity and Multicultural Student Services
- Diversity at PSU
- Housing Dining & Residence Life
- Information Technologies
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
- Multicultural Center
- Native American Student & Community Center
- Portland State of Mind
- Resource Center for Students with Children
- Student Groups & Government
- Student Health and Counseling
- Student Legal Services
- Vikings Athletics
- Visit Portland State
- Women's Resource Center
- Academics & Research
- Portland Center for Public Humanities
- School of Business Administration
- Graduate School of Education
- Maseeh College of Engineering & Computer Science
- College of the Arts
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Applied Linguistics
- Center for Japanese Studies
- Center for Lakes & Reservoirs
- Center for Science Education
- Conflict Resolution
- General Studies
- Intensive English Language Program
- International Studies
- Judaic Studies
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Religious Studies
- School of the Environment
- School of Gender Race and Nations
- Speech & Hearing Sciences
- World Languages & Literatures
- School of Social Work
- College of Urban & Public Affairs
- School of Community Health
- Hatfield School of Government
- Institute of Portland Metropolitan Studies
- Toulan School of Urban Studies & Planning
- University Honors College
- PSU Library
- Academic Programs
- Center for Real Estate
- Center for Turkish Studies
- Challenge & LINK Programs
- Education Abroad
- International Studies
- Middle East Studies Center
- Peace Corps Master's International
- Sustainability at PSU
- Systems Science Graduate Program
- University Studies
- Academic Services
- Office of Academic Innovation
- Advising & Career Services
- Undergraduate Admission
- International Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Post-Baccalaureate Admission
- Oregon Residency Status
- Disability Resource Center
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Studies
- Office of International Affairs
- Registration & Records
- Dean of Student Life
- Veterans' Services
- Writing Center
- Alumni & Giving
- Academic Affairs
- University Advancement
- Finance & Administration
- Government Relations
- Commission on the Status of Women
- University Communications
- Featured Content
- Global Diversity & Inclusion
Browse by profile type:
Is this the Beginning of the End for the Serial Number?
With a novel algorithm and a high-resolution terahertz laser scanner, Dr. Suresh Singh might change the way we keep track of our most valuable possessions.
Cyber Discovery Camp
PSU hosts teams of high school students and teachers at an interdisciplinary summer camp designed to cultivate cyber citizenship and interest in STEM-related fields.
Artificial Intelligence, Education, & Complexity
Dr. Melanie Mitchell is developing machine intelligence and educating students at PSU and around the world.
Virtual Device Technologies
Enabling effective, inexpensive, and convenient virtual prototyping for developers of software and electronic devices.
Developing 3D Editing Technology
Professor Feng Liu answers the challenges of stereoscopic image and video editing.
Removing Constraints to Scientific Discovery: "Data Near Here"
Dr. David Maier and Veronika Megler, both of the department of Computer Science, talk about a technology developed to help scientists draw relevant observations from massive datasets.
kaPoW! A New Defense against Web Attacks
Wu-chang Feng, Associate Professor in the department of Computer Science, is looking to place his new defense mechanism between your favorite Internet services and attackers.
Meet Ralf Juengling
2008-09 Maseeh Fellowship Recipient and a Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science at the Maseeh College.
Meet Professor Suresh Singh
Suresh Singh works to identify ways to reduce electrical power consumption for the Internet.
Meet Professor Wu-chang Feng
Wu-chang Feng is working with Intel to develop hardware that detects cheating.
Meet Professor Melanie Mitchell
Melanie Mitchell is working to develop new algorithms that enable computers to identify and analyze visual images.
Meet Professor Nirupama Bulusu
Nirupama Bulusu is involved with a project of tracking the growth and migration of cane toads using a wireless network of acoustic sensors.
Meet Professor Warren Harrison
Warren Harrison is developing speech interaction techniques that will enable police officers to use voice commands to run license plate records and criminal histories on their in-car computers.
Meet Josh Triplett
My advice to prospective computer science students is to get a good advisor and take full advantage of the many opportunities at Portland State to be involved.
Meet Professor David Maier
"I'm not sure what I would have done with my life if computers hadn't been invented. I'm fascinated by all aspects of computer science, and it's let me collaborate with a wide variety of people in other areas of science and engineering."
Meet Kathryn Mohror
The atmosphere in the Department of Computer Science is comfortable and inclusive. I feel I'm getting a high quality education with healthy collaborative relationships between faculty and graduate students.
Meet Professor Karen Karavanic
Karen Karavanic's enthusiasm for research motivates her to integrate cutting edge results into all of her courses.
Meet Marius Nita
"Working with PSU's great research faculty has been an incredible experience."
Meet Harkirat Singh
"Receiving the Maseeh Fellowship inspired me to want to give back to the professional and academic community."
Meet Professor Bryant York
When not teaching and working with students in his adaptive learning lab in PSU's Computer Science Department, Dr. Bryant York helps shape the future of computer science.