Meet the Advisers
Please read the list below to see who advises for your major or pre-professional program. Then call (503) 725-3822, or come to Smith Memorial Student Union (SMSU), room M305 on the 3rd floor mezzanine, to make an appointment or find out about drop-in hours for your adviser.
We advise all College of Liberal Arts & Sciences majors as well as various pre-health and pre-education programs in drop-in and appointment formats. Please contact our front desk for assistance. 503-725-3822, Smith Memorial Student Union M305 (1825 SW Broadway)
I am pursuing a major in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Which adviser do I see?
If you are not sure who to meet with, please call our scheduling office at (503) 725-3822 and they will assist you.
CLAS Assistant Dean
Robert Mercer (SMSU M319)
- Portland Teachers Program (PTP)
- Undergraduate Student Complaints
CLAS Advising Center Coordinator
Greg Stoltz (SMSU M309)
- Schedules Appointments (503) 725-3822
- Please note that we do not schedule appointments via email. Please call or stop by the office.
- Answers General Questions
CLAS Departmental/Professional Advisers
Call the Advising Center Coordinator at (503) 725-3822 to make an appointment or to learn about drop-in hours.
Martha Dyson, Humanities Adviser (SMSU M315)
- Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies (formerly Women's Studies)
Tony Lewis, Humanities Adviser (SMSU M318)
- Applied Linguistics
- Speech and Hearing Sciences
- World Languages and Literatures
Ben Alberts, Social Science Adviser (SMSU M308)
- Black Studies
Jon Rousseau, Social Science Adviser (SMSU M314)
- International Studies
- Secondary Teacher Education, Social Studies
Paloma Harrison, Science Adviser (SMSU M317)
- Environmental Science
- To meet with a psychology adviser, please visit Cramer Hall 360. Advisers are available on a drop-in basis Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 5:00 (Except Tuesdays when advisers are available from 10:00 to 5:00).
- If it is not possible for you to visit campus for advising, please call (503) 725-3822 to make other arrangements.
- You can email quick questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments will NOT be scheduled via email.
- More information about psychology advising is available on department webpage.
- To schedule an advising appointment (undergraduates) please email or call Leah Tuor, email@example.com or 503-725-8758. To schedule an advising appointment (graduates) please email or call Dr. Justin Courcelle, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-725-3866 .
- For walk-in advising hours please check the departmental website for current term hours http://www.pdx.edu/biology/advising-0
- General departmental information such as degree requirements, active research, and seminars can be found on our website: http://www.pdx.edu/biology
To schedule an appointment with a pre-professional adviser, contact the CLAS Advising Center front desk at 503-725-3822. Please note that we do not schedule appointments via email. To learn about drop-in advising hours for pre-professional advisers, please see the drop-in advising schedule.
Melissa Yates, Health Sciences Adviser (SMSU M314)
- Pre-Medicine (Allopathic, Osteopathic, Podiatric)
- Pre-Physician Assistant
Laura Marsh, Health Sciences Adviser (SMSU M304)
- Pre-Dental Hygiene
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Pre-Radiation Therapy
- Pre Clinical Laboratory Science
Pre-Teacher Education Adviser
Karen DeVoll (SMSU M316)
- Pre-Elementary Education
- Elementary Education Minor
- Secondary Education Minor
- Pre-Special Education
- Bilingual Teacher Pathways Program