Applications are now open! We’ve simplified our process - by submitting a single application in our new College Net application system you will be considered for admission by your program as well as at Portland State University. This new web based application system will allow you to input your personal information, upload materials, and track your application status from any online location. See application requirements below for more information.
- Priority deadline Feb 1, 2016
- Final deadline April 1, 2016
Program starts June 20, 2016
- Unofficial transcripts are required for all institutions attended as part of the application process. Please upload copies of your unofficial transcripts into the appropriate section of the online application. Please review what constitutes an unofficial transcript.
Note: Once admitted, you will be required to submit official transcripts prior to enrollment.
Former PSU students do not need to submit transcripts that are already on file. Please use the PSU Transcript Request Form to notify the admissions team to pull your previous records. You will need to upload this completed form in lieu of uploading unofficial transcripts.
- Write your Statement of Purpose
- Identify three people to recommend you and ask for their email addresses
- Ensure unofficial transcripts listed above include any prerequisite courses taken
- Ensure your résumé is up to date
- If choosing middle or high school, meet with a content adviser for a transcript review and Departmental Recommendation Form
- Gather test scores or plan to take all necessary tests (see GTEP Prerequisites and test page)
Part of the GTEP admissions process involves a conversation and file review with faculty. Once your application has been reviewed, we will set up a meeting with a GTEP faculty. These meetings are typically held late February and will generally require 30 minutes of your time.