- Applications for summer 2016 program start will be available in September
- Priority deadline Feb 1, 2016
- Final deadline April 1, 2016
Program starts June 2016
The Graduate School of Education will be using a new application system for those applying in 2016. This new web based system will allow applicants to input information, upload materials and track their application status from any online location. The new system will also consolidate the admission process into a single application for both the program and university. The new application system will go live September, 2015. You can start gathering materials for your application now.
Pre-Application To Do Checklist:
- Transcript showing bachelor’s degree or higher as well as transcripts of all academic coursework and degrees to date. PSU transcripts can be unofficial; all others must be official.
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Evidence of successful completion of prerequisite courses. Prerequisite courses must be taken for a grade and the final grade must be B- or better. For applicants applying to GTEP for Early Childhood and Elementary authorization levels, two of the four prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of winter term 2014. For applicants applying to GTEP for Middle School and High School Authorization levels, a departmental recommendation submitted.
- Middle School and High School applicants are required to meet with a content adviser for a transcript review and Departmental Recommendation Form
- Tests (see GTEP Prerequisites and test page)
Part of the GTEP admissions process involves a conversation and file review with faculty. Once your application has been reviewed, we will set up a meeting with a GTEP faculty. These meetings are typically held late February and will generally require 30 minutes of your time.
Application checklists and timeline
- 1-year program checklist (TBA)
- 2-year program checklist (TBA)
- Admissions timeline (TBA)
Questions about the application process?
Contact Lynda Pullen at firstname.lastname@example.org.