Early Childhood Education Admissions
Admittance into the early childhood specialization is dependent upon completion of the curriculum and instruction application materials and admittance processes as follows.
To be considered for admissions in the MS*/MA** in Education: Curriculum and Instruction: Early Childhood Education Specialization, candidates must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, 3.0 on all upper-division courses, or 3.0 cumulative graduate courses (a minimum of 12 credits).
*MS (master of science) does not require foreign language competency.
**MA (master of arts) indicates competency in a foreign language. The Department of Foreign Languages and Literature administers the required foreign language examination.
Apply for graduate admissions to Portland State University using either the online or paper application found on the Graduate Admissions website.
Use this link to access our online program application*, create a free account, then complete your application following the steps below. Be sure to write down the user name and password that you receive so that you can return to the site and track the progress of your application as it is reviewed.
(*NOTE: If you created an application prior to September 19, 2011, use this link to view your application form.)
- Click the Create a New Application button
- Select CI Master's Application... for the term in which you want to start taking classes
- Fully complete the application based on the options you choose. If necessary, you can save and return to your application before it is completed, however you must click the Submit Application Now button when it is complete AND before the application deadline if you want to be considered.
Please note: You will find instructions for submitting your references and transcripts to the program admissions committee on page 1 of the application.
After submitting your application you will be able to track the review process through the application website.
- If you need assistance accessing the online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions about the application process, please email email@example.com
- Fall - August 15
- Winter - November 15
- Spring - February 15
- Summer - May 15