Curriculum and Instruction Master's Degree Admissions
See the Early Childhood Education Specialization site for admissions information specific to that program.
Before applying to the on-campus, off-campus, or online program, you must:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
Packet 1: To the University
Apply for Portland State University graduate admissions: Graduate Admissions website.
Packet 2: To the Graduate School of Education
Use this link to access our online program application*, create a free account, then complete your application following the steps below. Be sure to write down the user name and password that you receive so that you can return to the site and track the progress of your application as it is reviewed.
- Click the Create a New Application button
- Select CI Master's Application... for the term in which you want to be admitted to the program. (Note: You may take courses without formal admission to the program. Click here for details)
- Fully complete the application based on the options you choose. If necessary, you can save and return to your application before it is completed, however you must click the Submit Application Now button when it is complete AND before the application deadline if you want to be considered.
Please note: The following components are part of your Graduate School of Education application packet:
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
After submitting your application you will be able to track the review process through the application website.
- If you need assistance accessing the online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions about the application process, please email email@example.com
Off-campus and online program priority application deadline:
- The off-campus and online programs are cohort programs that begin each fall. Students who plan to take their electives in other terms may be admitted in that term. Students must take a minimum of 1 credit in the term they are admitted. Students may be admitted until the program fills.
- Fall - September 15
- Winter - December 15
- Spring - March 15
- Summer - June 15
On campus application deadlines:
- Fall - August 15
- Winter - November 15
- Spring - February 15
- Summer - May 15