Applications available in September for fall 2016 program start.
Application deadline April 13, 2016.
Completion of prerequisites is strongly recommended prior to starting the program. Extended time may be added should you need to take some during the program.
Early Childhood and Elementary Authorizations (multiple subjects):
Lib 428 - Children's Literature
Mth 211, 212, 213 - Foundations of Elementary Mathematics
Middle Level and/or High School Authorization (single subject):
All required courses listed on Department Recommendation Form*
*Content area prerequisite courses are determined by various academic departments at Portland State University. Please use the following link to access information pertinent to specific subject area endorsement: Prerequisite courses recommended and approved for your subject area(s). At least four weeks before the December 1st application deadline, meet with the appropriate Content Area Advisor to determine the required prerequisites; those courses are listed on the Department Recommendation Form and serve as an applicant’s required prerequisites.
Many of these courses have substitutions from other colleges and universities, please see the Course Equivalency Chart.
Graduate student application process
The Graduate School of Education will be using a new application system for those applying in 2016. This new web based system will allow applicants to input information, upload materials and track their application status from any online location. The new system will also consolidate the admission process into a single application for both the program and university. The new application system will go live September, 2015 for the April 18 application deadline. You can start gathering materials for your application now.
Pre-Application To Do Checklist:
- Order transcripts from every institution attended and have them sent to your house for use when you are ready.
- A copy of diploma in original language
- Identify three people who can provide positive letters of recommendation for you. (Official instructions about the letter of recommendation will be provided as part of the new application process).
- Register for prerequisite classes
- Explore our scholarships
- Apply for Financial Aid via the FAFSA
- Make an appointment with Lynda Pullen for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate student application process
Our online application will be available in September 2015 for the April 18 application deadline. Please access our online application through the link below to create a free application account, then complete your application following the steps below. Be sure to write down your username and password so that you can track the progress of your application as it is reviewed.
Your completed application will include:
- Undergraduate application form – declare liberal studies major
- Bilingual Teacher Pathways (BTP) Application (online application)
- Submit one official transcript, in sealed envelope, from every college or university attended (except PSU)
- Foreign transcripts should be submitted in original language AND certified English translation
- Copy of INS status for non-citizens
- Two essays (submitted as part of the online application)
- One in native language
- One in second language
- Three BTP recommendation letters to be sent directly to BTP office from:
- Immediate supervisor
- Other licensed professionals who have observed you in your current role during this school year
- Documentation of prerequisite classes and plan for completion
- Make an appointment with Lynda Pullen for more infomation, email@example.com