BTP Elementary Graduate Admissions
Applications are now open! We’ve simplified our graduate application process - by submitting a single application in our new College Net application system you will be considered for admission by your program as well as at Portland State University. This new web based application system will allow you to input your personal information, upload materials, and track your application status from any online location. See application requirements below for more information.
BTP Elementary Undergraduate Admissions
Step 1: PSU Undergraduate Application
When you go to the PSU application site (linked above) and create an application, you're going to want to select the following when it asks you for these specific entries:
- Student type: Transfer
- Major: Liberal Studies
Step 2: Graduate School of Education BTP Elementary Undergraduate Application
- Use the above link to access Tk20 and create a free application account (if you already have an application account, use it instead of creating a new one), then log in to your account.
- Click the “Create a New Application” button, then select and complete the BTP Elementary Undergraduate Program application.
- Fully complete all pages of the online application. You can save and return to your application before it is completed if necessary, however you must click the "Submit Application Now" button when it is complete.
After submitting your application you will be able to track the review process through this site, so be sure to write down your username and password.
Accepted students will be assessed a one-time matriculation fee if this is their first admission to a graduate program at PSU as of Fall 2009.
Completion of prerequisites is strongly recommended prior to starting the program. Extended time may be added should you need to take some during the program.
Early Childhood and Elementary Authorizations (multiple subjects):
Lib 428 - Children's Literature
Mth 211, 212, 213 - Foundations of Elementary Mathematics
Pre-Application To Do Checklist:
- Order transcripts from every institution attended and have them sent to your house for use when you are ready.
- A copy of diploma in original language
- Identify three people who can provide positive letters of recommendation for you. (Official instructions about the letter of recommendation will be provided as part of the new application process).
- Register for prerequisite classes<
- Explore our scholarships
- Apply for Financial Aid via the FAFSA
- Make an appointment with Lynda Pullen for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your completed application will include:
- Undergraduate application
- Graduate School of Education Application
- Submitted transcripts, in sealed envelopes, from every college or university attended (except PSU)
- Foreign transcripts should be submitted in original language AND certified English translation
- Copy of INS status for non-citizens
- Two essays (submitted as part of the online application)
- One in native language
- One in second language
- Three BTP recommendation letters to be sent directly to BTP office from:
- Immediate supervisor
- Other licensed professionals who have observed you in your current role during this school year
- Documentation of prerequisite classes and plan for completion
- Make an appointment with Lynda Pullen for more infomation, email@example.com