Solid Waste Assessment Services
Partners: Businesses, institutions, and government agencies
Start Date: 2004
CES conducts Solid Waste Assessments of landfill-bound, recycling and compost waste streams for businesses, institutions, and government agencies. A waste assessment provides a detailed analysis of the composition of a facility or organization’s waste stream. Assessments provide data needed to evaluate disposal practices, and help to develop recommendations that increase waste prevention and diversion, meet LEED EB certification requirements and possibly reduce disposal costs.
For a typical “Snap shot” waste assessment, CES staff will:
- Draw a representative sample from the dumpster, compactor or other receptacle;
- Separate the sample into material categories, specific to your business;
- Record weights (and volumes) of each category of waste; and
- Produce report with assessment findings.
CES also offers extensive assessments which are conducted over time, and incorporate waste data into the analysis. This information is combined with normalizing factors, such as number of employees or building square footage, to create a more comprehensive view of the waste stream. Extensive assessments are recommended for larger businesses and organizations with complex waste streams.
Organizations and facilities can use waste assessment reports to:
- Obtain LEED EB credit for Solid Waste Management - Waste Stream Audit;
- Create sustainability plans; and
- Set accurate baselines for waste reduction goals.
To learn more about Solid Waste Assessment Services Contact CES.