You won’t see the words “guru” or “expert” anywhere in Derek's resume or profile. He considers himself a student; always learning and open to new ideas and perspectives. Derek leverages his ten-plus years as a digital strategist but more as a way to get the conversation started and to ensure we're focused on actionable ideas.
His sweet spot is digital strategy. It’s what he does best and has a good track record. He works best in collaboration with others whose strengths differ from his own. It’s how he learns and it’s what inspires him. That inspiration has led to some pretty cool campaigns and digital experiences. He's always looking for the next one.
In the last decade he's been:
* Director of Content for Critical Mass (twice!), named Top Interactive Agency for three years running by Forrester Research. My creative team at CM has won a bunch of awards. Check out my resume to see which ones.
* Digital Strategist at The New Group where he helped develop their Content Strategy practice area.
* A Content Strategist for the famously doomed marchFIRST
* Web Manager for the largest child advocacy organization in the country serving 6 million members.
* Co-founder of the world famous Glorious Noise, building a readership of over 100,000 unique users a month through active engagement of online communities and the creation and management of top notch rock and roll writing.
Specialties: Content and digital strategies and management, insight gathering and analysis, content marketing, social media integration, creative concepting, third-party contract negotiation, email enhancement, SEO.