WM401 Introduction to Digital Strategies
Keeping up with the ever-changing digital world is a challenge – even for digital professionals. To deliver compelling, relevant, and effective digital programs, you must have a comprehensive framework for identifying the most common drivers of digital communications and interactive experiences. And you must be able to create insightful strategies that define and guide a wide array of disciplines required to bring your digital experiences to life, including branding, design, usability, technology, and development.
Laptops are required, and free WiFi is available in class.
What You Cover
- An overview of the current state of the digital marketing ecosystem
- How to identify and correlate relationships between the most common digital communications and interactive experiences
- An introduction to the fundamentals of research and strategy
- An overview of branding and its relevance to the digital world
- How to create strategies for building a cohesive brand experience across a range of digital touch points, including websites, social media platforms, online advertising, and online applications
- An overview of the disciplines and roles in digital marketing today
- Strategies for creating and building your personal brand online
Additionally, we also offer a practicum that is tied to each of the Digital Marketing Strategies courses. The practicum for Introduction to Digital Strategies is WM406.
Discounts may apply, please refer to the registration page for details.
Instructor: Lisa Peyton
Diving into digital marketing during its nascent stage, Lisa Peyton is today among the leaders in the field, particularly so in the Pacific Northwest. Based in Portland, Ore., she serves as an adjunct professor at Portland State University, teaching Introduction to Digital Strategies for the Digital Marketing Strategies certificate program offered through the university’s Professional Development Center. Lisa is an avid blogger and publisher, acting as Executive Editor for ThoroughlyModernMarketing.com, a non-profit publication she founded in 2009. She also regularly contributes content to Social Media Examiner and SocialFresh.com.
Laptops are required, and wireless accounts are available onsite
The book, Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation is optional for this class. It is available on Amazon, or at a retailer of your choice.
Applies towards the following certificate:
Digital Marketing Strategies
Interested in bringing this program onsite to your organization? Please contact Kristen Pedersen.