BE801B: Green Belt Certification (Yellow Belt Prerequisite)
This course is set up for those students who have earned (and can show proof of) Yellow Belt Certification. You should have in-depth knowledge of all the tools in Six Sigma methodology. Upon completion, you will be fully prepared to take on the role of Six Sigma Green Belt. You will have mastery of all phases, a complete set of training materials to use, and successful completion of a comprehensive exam.
What You Cover:
- Intro to Six Sigma, DMAIC, Process Mapping, FMEA Analysis, Paretos statistics, intro to Root Cause Analysis
- Individuals (Xi/MR) and means (Xbar/ R) control charts
- Process and quality-control plans, problem solving, and continuous process improvement
- Control charting attributes, Process Capability and Performance Measurement
- Measurement reliability— Gauge R&R, and measurement process optimization and control
- Team dynamics
- Introduction to project management for Six Sigma Projects
- DOE 2— 2-level factorial designs, full and fractional designs, response surface designs
- EWMA control charts
- Hypothesis testing
- Regression analysis
- Project reporting and certification
Instructor: Steve Zagarola
Steve Zagarola is director of quality for Cascade Microtech, Inc., and a founding member of the Northwest Center for Performance Excellence (NWCPE). He is also founder of The ZDM Group, an organization dedicated to the advancement of statistically based approaches for competitive advantage. He graduated with a BS in mechanical engineering from Georgia Tech. Mr. Zagarola is Six Sigma Master Black Belt with more than 30 years experience in the application of statistical and modern structured approaches to the optimization of manufacturing and transactional processes, quality systems, and R&D for industries ranging from food and beverage, plastics molding, wind energy, and advanced semiconductors.
Aubrey Kendall is a supplier quality engineer at Vestas Wind Systems. He graduated with a BS in manufacturing engineering from Brigham Young University and an MBA from Clemson University. Mr. Kendall is a Six Sigma Black Belt with over 15 years of experience in manufacturing, quality, and engineering management in aerospace, energy, and other industries. His strong combination of technical skills and ease in communicating make him an effective trainer and facilitator
Laptop required for every session.
Please contact Carmen Schwisow about bringing this course onsite.
Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification