BE808 Fundamentals of Lean
Lean has been misrepresented, misused, and misunderstood to the extent that a one might ask, “Is Lean viable?” This course shows that when implemented in the right way, Lean will greatly reduce delays, reduce costs, and improve quality – bringing maximum value to your customer. The Fundamentals of Lean spotlights the most important process-related principles of Lean and the strategies necessary to support them. This course will demonstrate how Lean works through exercises, simulations, and case studies. Participants will be encouraged to actually define a project to launch.
- The real purpose of Lean
- Wasteology and The 7 Deadly Wastes
- The 4P’s (Plan, Process, People, Problem-Solve)
- Lean Leadership
- Primary Lean Tools and their purpose
- How to Align a project with organizational objectives
- Project Chartering
- Project Team formation
- The A3 Reporting method
- The New Lean Thinking
- Wasteology and how to identify waste (Waste Assessment)
- The 4 P’s
- Planning and Strategic Deployment
- Process and Continuous Flow Systems
- People and Lean Daily Management
- Problem Solving and Kaizen
- The A3 Reporting Method: The communication glue
- Prepare: Aligning a project with organizational objectives
- Define: Defining a Project
- Project Team Formation & Chartering
- Taking It Back Home
Discounts may apply, please refer to the registration page for details.
Instructor: Tom Fabrizio
Tom Fabrizio, president and founder of Lean Manufacturing Tools, LLC and a founding member of the Northwest Center for Performance Excellence (NWCPE), has been teaching leadership, team development, and Just-In-Time systems for over 25 years. He received his original Lean training from first-generation experts, including Dr. Shigeo Shingo (co-architect of The Toyota Production System), Hiroyuki Hirano (author and noted JIT expert), Dr. Ryuji Fukuda (member of The Sigma Project in Japan and winner of the Deming Prize), and TPM experts from Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance. Mr. Fabrizio holds an undergraduate engineering degree, a MEd, and a law degree. He has authored several books and training programs about Lean.
Laptop recommended for this class (each in-class work group will need one person with a laptop)
Interested in bringing this program onsite to your organization? Please contact Kristen Pedersen.
Applies towards the following certificate(s):