WM503 Crisis Communications in New Media
Social media crises happen rapidly and sometimes without warning, so you must be prepared with a plan of action and a team that is well trained to respond accordingly. When handled correctly, a crisis communication plan can minimize the damage of an event and allow you to further educate your target audience. We will take you through a workshop on Crisis Communications and deliver a framework that can be used in the event of a future crisis.
What You Cover
- An overview of recent social media crises
- How to assess the crisis level
- How to create a customized Crisis Communications Action Plan
- Tasks to complete before, during and after going public about a crisis
- Channels to use for crisis notifications
- Developing outreach messaging and designing an approval process
- Who to include in your Crisis SWAT team
- Bring home a workbook of checklists and worksheets to use for future crises
Instructor: Siouxsie Jennett
Siouxsie Jennett is the founder and president of Portland-based Mambo Media, an integrated marketing agency that helps companies build brand, establish thought leadership, and develop marketing strategies that drive revenue. An award-winning pioneer in the world of online marketing, Siouxsie has immersed herself in interactive marketing and cutting-edge trends like social media for the past 15 years. Her proven methodologies and best practices in social media marketing are well respected in the industry and heralded as groundbreaking by clients and colleagues alike.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
Digital Marketing Strategies- Social Policy Concentration