BV155 Communication for Leaders
The premise of this two day course is that supervision is the conduit for most critical communication in every organization. Ineffective or careless communication can cause re-work or conflict and stand in the way of your success. In order to succeed as the communication link between employees who want to be in the know and leaders who want results, you need all the support you can get. Communication for Leaders is a skill-building course that delivers crucial information with which you can practice the art and science of good communication and receive feedback on your progress.
What You Cover
- How to coach others and use coaching insights in a learning community focused on your growth and support
- How self awareness, perspective and intention impacts your communication and what to do about it
- Strategies to elevate your awareness of and value for others' points of view by being an excellent listener
How You Benefit
- Learn how to be an effective communicator through intentional messages, purposeful strategy and powerful execution
- How to maximize communication patterns by modeling effective behaviors and supporting others to do the same
- Tools to increase collaboration, understanding that conflict may arise and help the ultimate result
Instructor Profile: Tonia McConnell
Tonia McConnell is principal of Tonia McConnell & Associates, a cooperative consulting group specializing in team development, training, and leading change. She holds an MS in instructional technology and is a certified Myers Briggs Type Indicator facilitator. She has 20-plus years of instructional and program design experience in public and private sectors. With Paul Spindel, Ms. McConnell teaches “Creating the Life You Want” workshops. She works as a coach and mentor with people who are trying to change the course of their lives. Her mission is “behold, ask, learn, create, share, connect.”
Electronic course materials will be made available prior to the start date of the course.