BH205 Communication, Counseling and Conflict Resolution
This course is designed to help you, as a human resource professional, enhance your practical skills in communication, coaching and counseling, and conflict resolution.
What You Cover
- Obstacles to communication
- Methods for improving interactions
- Options for resolving issues
- Negotiation and collaboration
- Coaching and counseling techniques to address serious workplace issues
- Skills for handling all stages of conflict
How You Benefit
- Learn communication methods and techniques that can be utilized in your personal and professional interactions
- Address a variety of real-life work situations, from disgruntled employees to managers who seem unable to relate to their staff
- Experience techniques and exercises you can take back to your organization, including sample policies, personality inventories, and learning games to use in teaching these skills to others
Discounts may apply, please refer to the registration page for details.
Instructor: Judy Clark
Judy Clark, SPHR, CPC, is the president and founder of HR Answers, Inc., the largest independent human resources consulting firm in the Pacific Northwest. She has more than 30 years of human resource experience. Ms. Clark has instructed in the Professional Development Center's HR Certificate Program since its inception and is an adjunct faculty member of the University of Washington. She is certified as a senior professional in human resources (SPHR) and as a professional consultant. Nationally recognized, Ms. Clark's experience with organizations of all sizes and industries gives her the broad perspective she brings to the classroom.
It is strongly recommended that Management of Human Resources (BH101) be taken prior to this course, especially for those entering the program with less than two years experience in the field of human resources.
Interested in brining this course onsite? Please contact Melissa Endicott.
Applies towards the following certificate(s):
Human Resource Management