BH102 Basic Principles of EEO
Basic Principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) provides an overview of EEO law, theories of unlawful discrimination and practical tools that you can take back to the office. The class will help human resource professionals and hiring managers identify barriers to the principles of EEO and practical solutions to encourage a discrimination and harassment-free workplace.
What You Cover:
- Laws that protect employees: Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991
- Best practices that protect employers
- Responding to employee complaints
- Conducting workplace investigations
- Skills for working successfully with legal counsel
- How to get buy-in from top managers and employee engagement
- Impact of the Generations
How You Benefit:
- Learn how to create a company culture where employee complaints are minimal
- Understand basic principles of EEO and the skills you need to succeed
- Learn from examples, case studies and class exercises
- Jennifer Bouman-Steagall
Jennifer Bouman-Steagall founder of Employment Law Outsourcing, LLC is an employment law attorney with over 13 years of experience representing both public and private sector employers in state and federal court. Jennifer counsels employers and conducts management and employee training in a variety of areas including workplace harassment and discrimination, civil rights laws, OFLA, FMLA, effective supervisory practices and performance management.
Management of Human Resources(BH101) is strongly recommended as the first course, especially for those entering the certificate program with less than two years experience in the field. It is also suggested that you take Employee and Labor Relations(BH302) before Basic Principles of EEO(BH102)
Interested in bringing this course onsite? Please contact Carmen Schwisow.
Applies towards the following certificate:
Human Resource Management