BA113 Assessing and Validating Solutions
This course describes the tasks that are performed in order to ensure that solutions meet the business need and to facilitate their successful implementation. These activities may be performed to assess and validate business processes, organizational structures, outsourcing agreements, software applications, and any other component of the solution.
Participants in this class learn how to ensure that solutions that have been implemented are providing the results intended and currently best for the organization. Their focus will begin with an assessment of the proposed solution, then change focus to evaluating the readiness of the organization to adopt the solution, including identifying transition requirements and progressing through implementation by identifying problem areas and ensuring mitigating actions are applied.
What You Cover
- How do you assess proposed solutions in order to determine how closely they meet stakeholder and solution requirements?
- How do you assign stakeholder and solution requirements to solution components and to releases?
- How do you assess whether the organization is ready to make effective use of a new solution?
- How do you define transition-capability requirements?
- How do you ensure that a delivered solution meets the business needs on an ongoing basis?
- How do you evaluate functioning solutions to understand the value they deliver and identify opportunities for improvement?
How You Benefit
- Assess proposed solutions
- Identify defects
- Define mitigating actions
- Assess organizational readiness
- Identify transition requirements
- Assess solution performance
Instructor: Ron Sarazin
Ron Sarazin is president of Olympic Performance, Inc., a consulting company, and CEO of Process Path, Inc., a software company. He holds a BS in industrial engineering from Oregon State University and completed advanced training at the University of Idaho and Stanford University. Mr. Sarazin has held leadership positions with ALCOA, PACCAR, PGE, and Mutual Health Systems, Inc. He is an accomplished author and trainer, and his most recent publication, Action with Traction, is available on Amazon. Mr. Sarazin has been active in his profession and the community, and is a youth soccer coach.